of Consultant Architects
of Consultant Architects (ACA) is the national professional
body representing architects in private practice - consultant architects
- throughout the UK. Founded in 1973, it now represents some of the country's
leading practices, ranging in size from one-person firms to very large
ACA's office is at:
Charlscot, Cudham Road, Tatsfield, Kent. TN16 2NJ
Tel: 01959 928412
Contact: Alison Low, Secretary General, Shona Broughton, Administration Manager
The Association furthers the advancement of architecture
and its practice in a number of ways:
- It has drawn up its own, highly regarded ACA
Form of Building Agreement with ancillary documents, and in 2000
it published the first construction industry Project
Partnering Contract PPC2000.
- It publishes a Directory of member practice
architects' specialist skills.
- It researches such vital issues as fees and
professional indemnity insurance on behalf of its members.
- It organises conferences and seminars
for members and non members.
- It maintains close ties with other Trade Associations
in the Construction Industry.
- It is a corporate member of the Construction
Industry Council, thus ensuring that the voice of the architectural
profession is heard in the industry forum.
- It comments on consultative papers from Government,
and discusses issues of importance to its members with Government and
- It lobbies the Industry, Parliament
and other professional bodies